Accessibility: Several roads make it possible to link the major cities of the country and reach neighbouring countries:
• The trunk road N° 1 goes to Banfora (441 km) and Bobo-Dioulasso (356 km)
• The trunk road N° 2 reaches Ouahigouya (181 km)
• The trunk road N° 3 goes to Dori (261 km) via Kaya (100 km)
• The trunk road N° 4 stretches down to Fada N'Gourma (234 km) and Niamey (Niger Republic)
• The trunk road N° 5 goes to Po (144 km) and Ghana
Air links: Ouagadougou International Airport receives scheduled and chartered flights of national and international airlines: Air Burkina, Air France, Air Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal Airways, RAM, Point Afrique, Arik, Asky, etc..
Road Links: Many private companies provide inter urban and interstate transport services. The most frequent are STMB, SOGEBAF, TSR, TCV, Rakieta, Rayi's, OA, etc. Buses depart and arrive at coach stations scattered throughout the city. For journeys in town, there are two types of taxis: taxi with and without metres. On can also rent motorbikes and cars (Avis company)
Rail link: only one railway line links Ouagadougou to Abidjan via Bobo Dioulasso 3 times a week and provides passenger transport services.